This article is part of a larger study, a more comprehensive outline of Svishtov musical life in the second half of the nineteenth century, within that era’s general cultural trends’ context. It focuses on the emergence of polyphonic singing in the city and the appearance of the first Bulgarian polyphonic choir. Yanko Mustakov’s significance is described, for his cultural and educational work in the city, and musical society’s (found 1894) extensive and versatile activity, leading to a new cultural peak there after Yanko Mustakov. Methodological support for this publication comes from Agapiya Balareva, Emilia Kolarova, Elisaveta Valchinova-Chendova, also papers presented by Svetlana Kuyumdzhieva and Stefan Harkov during the Spring Academic Readings at the National Academy of Music „Prof. P. Vladigerov“ in 2013. This study uses regional research materials, handwritten notes, publications from the secular press (newspapers and periodicals) from the second half of the nineteenth century, memoirs, internet, etc.